My Go-To Tuna Fish Salad Recipe


Life as a college student has been very hectic and stressful. Between classes, sorority events, and cheerleading, finding time to cook has been very difficult. That's where today's recipe comes in. This quick and easy dish requires minimal ingredients and little to no cooking.

The recipe I made this week was Tuna Fish Salad. This recipe was very quick and easy to make. The first thing I did was boil 4 eggs in water for 15 minutes. While the eggs were cooking I grabbed one whole pickle and began to chop it up into small pieces. Once the eggs were done boiling I put them in cold water for about 5 minutes to cool down then I peeled the shell off the eggs. Once the shell was off the eggs, I chopped them into small pieces just like I did with the pickles. After that, I opened two cans of tuna fish, drained the liquid, and put the tuna in a bowl. Then I took two forks and shredded the tuna fish in pieces which was very easy to do. Once the tuna fish was shredded I mixed in the pickles and eggs and slowly mixed in some mayonnaise into the mixture and added some salt. I did a little taste test and added a little more mayonnaise so make the tuna fish salad mixture a little thicker. Then I toasted two pieces of bread, put some of the tuna fish salad onto the toast, and made a sandwich. 


This meal was super quick and easy to make and tasted so good. This meal is also very filling and is full of nutrients. This is a great meal to make when you are in between classes or just want something to fill you up. Next time if you are unsure of what to eat, grab a can of tuna and make this simple, healthy, and yummy tuna fish salad! 


Comments

  1. Tuna sandwiches are one of my favorites to make during lent. When making the tuna salad, my family likes to add a little bit of pickle juice and a little bit of pepper, which adds just a little bit more flavor. My favorite way to eat tuna salad is to make a tuna melt. Basically make a grilled cheese sandwhich and pile tuna on afterwards. I also sometimes like to add mustard to it too, which is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuna is my favorite whether it is canned tuna, pouch tuna, or even raw tuna in sushi. I also make tuna salads with pouch tuna, soy sauce, mayo, cucumbers/pickles, and tomato's. It is so tasty. I have always liked tuna! I should try this next time I eat tuna!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment