The Perfect Meatloaf Recipe


There is nothing more comforting than homemade meatloaf. It is easy to make and perfect for weeknight dinner and the leftovers are an added addition. Meatloaf is one of those dishes that is so comforting, especially on cold days like we have been having. After trying several different meatloaf recipes, I found the one that I liked the best.

For this recipe, you need diced onions, milk, ground beef, ketchup, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. While this recipe calls for eggs to help bind the ingredients together, I've found that I prefer it without eggs because it gives the meatloaf a lighter texture while still holding shape. What I love about this dish is it is very versatile and you can choose what ingredients you want to add in. 

To start, I preheated the oven to 350 degrees, which is the perfect temperature to ensure that the meatloaf cooks evenly and stays nice and juicy. While the oven was heating up, I prepared the meat mixture. In a large mixing bowl, I combined all of the ingredients–except for the ketchup with the ground beef. I tend to use my hands for this part because it helps distribute all the ingredients evenly, ensuring that each bite is full of flavor. It is important that you don't overmix, as this can make the meatloaf too dense.

Once everything was well mixed, I transferred the mixture into a loaf pan. I then shaped the meat into a load so that it cooked evenly and held its form while it was cooking, After shaping the loaf, I added a layer of ketchup on top. This not only adds a tang of sweetness but it also helps create the perfect crust as it bakes. If you don't like ketchup, you can substitute it with BBQ sauce or any sauce you like. Once the oven was fully preheated, I placed the meatloaf in the oven and let it bake for about 50 minutes.   

After the meatloaf was done cooking, I added an extra layer of ketchup on top for some extra flavor. The meatloaf tasted so yummy and flavorful and was everything I needed. I ended up having lots of leftovers that I will be eating for the next few days. I hope this recipe brings you as much joy as it brought to me!


Comments

  1. I just recently had meatloaf from Costco and was incredibly disappointed. I could use a change of recipe & making use of my kitchen is a top priority right now. Ketchup is the ultimate topping for meatloaf people can argue with a wall, great read overall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely meatloaf season! I always feel like it's a heavy dish for summer, but the weather this week is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment